Begin with Prayer
You can pray these prayers now and repeat twice or three times according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Breath of life, breathe unto me afresh this morning in Jesus’ Name.
- Breath of the Almighty God, breathe new life into my vision, my spirit, and into my being in the Name of Jesus.
- Breath of the Living God, rise up in my body to give me life, energy, strength, and vitality in Jesus’ Name.
- O Lord, I want to live afresh today! I want to be alive! Breathe afresh into my life, my bones, my organs, and my spiritual life, in Jesus’ Mighty Name.
“And the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living being.”
- Man, that was just being created, became a living being only after the breath of life was breathed into him.
- God breathed the breath of life into man.
- That breath of life caused the man (Adam) to live.
- Without the breath of life, there is no life.
What an amazing truth! This devotional aims to direct you to the truth in the Word of God so that this truth can be used as a prayer in your daily lives.
The second Scripture that I want to bring to us is found in Ezekiel 37:1-14. This is part of the prophesy brought to Ezekiel the prophet, as “the hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.” (Ez. 37:1)
The Lord brought Ezekiel in the Spirit to see the valley that was full of dry bones. It was a picture of the house of Israel (v. 11). It was the status of their lives and their relationship to their God. It was dead, just like those bones. (v. 11). It was the status of their lives and their relationship to their God. It was dead, just like those bones.
The Lord God asked the prophet Ezekiel: “Son of man, can these bones live?” And Ezekiel said, “O Lord God, You know.”Ezekiel 37:3
Again, He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely, I will cause breath to enter into you and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you: cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live.’”Ezekiel 37:4-5
So, I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.Ezekiel 37:7-8
Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath and breathe on these slain, that they may live.’”Ezekiel 37:9
Breath came into the body of those dry bones, and they lived. They stood on their feet with strength, an exceedingly great army. Ezekiel served as a prophet during a most difficult time in Israel’s history. God showed him unusual visions which compelled him to speak God’s truth in most unusual ways. He obeyed the word of the Lord an prophesied, and the dry bones rattled and came together and lived.
Sometimes our lives can be like a picture of those dry bones – dead, livid, without hope and separated from the source of life. Praying in faith together with a daily dose of the Word of God can help spring you back to life.
The Word of God is powerful and living and only the Word of God will come to pass. Your prayer must be the Word of God. It must be founded in the Word of God. Let the Spirit of the Living God who is the Spirit of Life help and guide you today as you desire more of him in your life.
For Discussion and Introspection
- Which part of you needs to brought to life?
- How can you speak life from the Word of God over someone else?